Your Safety is our Number 1 Priority
REOPENING PROTOCOLS FOR KILRONAN CASTLE ESTATE & SPA
Over the last few months, our COVID-19 response team has been working on enhanced safety measures to ensure your continued well-being and peace of mind when staying at Kilronan Castle Estate & Spa. The following are some of the processes we have in place to ensure that you have a well deserved, enjoyable and safe staycation with us. From making your Reservation to Checking Out, we have put ourselves in your shoes to try and make your stay with us both thoroughly enjoyable and completely safe… however in these strange times we ask for your help, assistance and understanding.
Welcome to our Castle
• Full details of your pre-arrival will be emailed to you in advance of your arrival to Kilronan Castle Estate & Spa. This will include advice on check in, dining, leisure facilities, spa and all of the superb activities available at the Hotel and beyond as part of your stay with us.
• Access to and within our hotel will be clearly defined with Government advised physical distancing.
• Check-in will be swift and prompt for your safety and convenience by availing of technology to allow for pre-registration in advance of your arrival. We ask you to confirm that the credit/debit card given when making your reservation with us is the card that you wish to use regarding payment. This will remove the necessity of physically authorising with a credit card machine when you check in, but don’t worry for those who prefer to check in as usual this can still be facilitated and we are always only a phone call away if you need extra assistance. All you need to do is collect your room keys which will have been sanitised prior to your arrival
• We request that we have full contact details for one guest staying with each party. This is to comply with HSE requirements should they need to contact you within 14 days after departing. Your records will be stored in line with GDPR.
• We have increased our frequency of cleaning and disinfection of all lobby areas with special attention to high use touch points in line with recommendations from government.
• Hand sanitiser stations are located in numerous areas throughout the Castle. Each Door where possible will operate a hands free open door policy throughout Kilronan Castle
• During your stay you may hear a low alarm, this is a 15 minute reminder in all Staff areas for our Team to wash and sanitise their hands
Meet our Team Members...
• All the same smiling faces are still here to look after you, but rest assured that all members of our team have undergone an extensive induction and training program in line with our new COVID 19 protocols & procedures in accordance with HSE guidelines.
• Some of our team may wear PPE if deemed necessary for some tasks and in accordance with the hotel’s policy.
• In addition to hand washing routine, our team will be using hand sanitisation gels rated above 60% alcohol.
• We will be doing daily temperature checks on our Team members as they arrive to work and anyone with a high temperature will be sent home. As always in Kilronan Castle any member of the Team who may be feeling unwell will not be permitted to work.
• During these times, our usual handshakes and embraces between members of the Team and Guests will not be possible and we hope you understand that this is not us being rude but being conscious about your wellbeing. As we are all struggling with this in particular we have decided on a new ‘signature welcome’ instead!
• We have a Covid-19 Operating Team who will monitor and amend our policies as required to ensure that we always have your safety and that of our team in mind.
Relax in your Room ...
• All linens and towels have been laundered to the highest standard in accordance to HSE guidelines but our beds are still as luxurious and comfortable as ever.
• All areas of your accommodation have been deep cleaned and sanitised by our trained team, we have elevated our rigorous protocols with Eco Lab to thoroughly clean all surfaces with hospital-grade disinfectants with extra detailed attention to high frequency touch points such as door handles, light switches, bathroom taps and handles, the room phone and your remote control.
• A water treatment programme which involved a weekly sanitising regime of all shower heads and taps including the flushing and running of all water systems has been in place throughout the closure period.
• Reading materials, pens and paper as well as scatter cushions have all been removed for health and safety reasons but all other aspects of our guest bedrooms remain as luxurious as before.
• We ask that you take home all toilet rolls & toiletries on departure in an effort to conserve the environment as our usual option of donating part used products to local charities is no longer viable.
Delight in our Dining ...
Our dining areas have been rearranged to adhere to social distancing measures and new reservation procedures have also been implemented.
• Breakfast will be extended until 11.30am with an À la carte menu served to your table directly. Our legendary breakfast buffet is a thing of the past but don’t worry, there will still be lots of delicious options to choose from.
• Breakfast in bed? Why not? You deserve it!
• A 24 hour room service menu is also available.
• A Casual Dining Menu is available from 12 noon - 9 pm daily. Reservation procedures will be in place for all guests. We will invite you to make dining reservations with us prior to your arrival.
• Afternoon Tea is a ‘must have treat’ and will be available daily from 1pm – 5pm. Pre-booking in advance is essential.
• Throughout the Hotel, in all dining areas, tables and their contents as well as menus will be sprayed down and sanitised after each guest.
• We ask that where possible you pay as you go with contactless card payment rather than cash (We have increased our contactless payment to the maximum currently allowed in Ireland of €50).
So much to do...
• Our Spa and Pool re-opens on the 20th of July as per the current Government guidelines. Numbers in the Pool at any one time may be restricted to allow for physical distancing. Full details will be communicated with confirmation e-mails when Government protocols have been released.
• Get back to Nature and enjoy one of our beautiful walks or trails around the grounds, be sure to collect your map from Reception & explore the scenery taking in the stunning ‘Window to the World’ and ‘The Ballyfarnon Sensory Walk’
• Regular entertainment will be arranged in the evenings throughout the Summer including Live Music, Bingo and Movie Night
A fond Farewell...
• Check Out is 12 noon but we will place 2 copies of your itemised bill under your bedroom door on the morning of departure along with your credit card receipt. All you need to do is sign 1 of these copies and just place it in the dedicated box at reception when leaving. Please note that payment will be debited from the card provided at booking stage. This removes the need to come to the Reception Desk to settle your account, however we will of course be on hand should you have a query about your bill.
• Your room key can also be placed in a dedicated box at Reception from where it will be sanitised prior to further use. Business as usual is going to be a little different at Kilronan Castle for the moment. Again we would appreciate your understanding in our efforts to protect everyone. However your stay with us will be as memorable as always and above all else safe.
If at any time during your stay you have a query or concern, or wish to discuss anything at all with us, there is always a Manager on Duty who will be able to assist you. We look forward to welcoming you and once again showcasing all the very best that Kilronan Castle Estate & Spa has to offer. See you Soon! From All The Team at Kilronan Castle Estate & Spa