Follow this easy chicken pot pie recipe from Kilronan Castle for a heart-warming meal that everyone will enjoy
- 1 chicken breast
- 8 shiitake mushrooms (Or button mushrooms)
- 2 shallots – finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1tsp of dijon or wholegrain mustard
- 100g chicken stock
- 200g cream
- Splash of white wine
- Puff pastry for the pie lid
- Egg wash for the top of the pie
- Dice the garlic and shallots – fry off in pan together, then add mushrooms, diced chicken, a splash of white wine, the mustard and finally the chicken stock
- Cook and reduce it by half, then add the cream and let it reduce by half again
- Taste and season as desired
- Put into and individual cast iron pot preferably (If not, use an individual pie dish)
- Cut out the pastry lid and place on top of the pot, cut a small hole in the top to allow the steam to release
- Egg wash the top & bake in the oven for 15 – 20 mins @180 degrees
- Serve with – honey roasted carrots finished with fried sage leaves and Irish butter & a sprinkle of achill Sea Salt
About Original Irish Hotels
Original Irish Hotels are a collection of unique, owner-run hotels, located in Ireland’s most outstanding destinations. Open the door to the magic of unmissable moments with Ireland’s leading collection of independent hotels.
Our 60 hotels are dotted around the entire island of Ireland in must-see locations, from the Wild Atlantic Way, to Ireland’s Ancient East, the Causeway Coast, Dublin and the treasured heartland of Ireland’s midlands and lakelands.
Irrespective of where our hotels are, Original Irish Hotels pride themselves in hosting a unique and truly memorable experience for our guests, and soon to be friends. The collection is made up of a range of traditional and boutique hotels, castles, manor and country houses, all run by locals, ensuring a unique experience every time.