Covid-19 Response at Sheedys Hotel & Restaurant
The last few months have been tough and our thoughts and prayers are with those who are affected in any way by Covid-19.
At the same time, we are looking forward very much to welcoming our guests back to share this special place. The safety and well-being of everyone is of paramount importance to us.
At Sheedys we are putting measures in place to make sure that your stay with us is as safe as possible. We are closely monitoring all information provided by the Government of Ireland, the Health Service Executive and the World Health Organisation in relation to the Covid-19 virus.
At Sheedys, we have the following measures in place:
- All staff will receive full training in Covid-19 prevention and control measures. Training will be on-going. Management have undergone specific training for the Hospitality Industry by completing the Covid-19 Safety Champion Training & Certification Course for the role of Lead Representative.
- We have invested in a Sany-Med system from Sanity Systems for our Bedrooms. Sanity System is a ‘State of the Art’ device to ensure the highest level of sanitation and disinfection. It is the safest and most ecological and professional way to sanitise, as it uses no chemicals. Sanity Systems are used by the Italian Parliament and businesses such as Audi Car Manufactures. https://youtu.be/nLyGIDpTHwM “The New Normal” of tomorrow – Covid-19
- We have partnered with ECOLAB a world leader in Hygiene Systems for hotels and hospitals (ECOLAB is used in places like Galway Clinic, Marriott Hotels and The White House). Using ECOLAB hospital-grade products, we have cleaning systems in place throughout the hotel, with specific attention given to frequently touched surfaces. We are asking all guests and visitors to the hotel to use the ECOLAB hand sanitisers provided when entering the hotel, and throughout the building.
- We have Safety Screens in place on our Reception Desk, Bar Counter and also in our Kitchen area.
Here are some other points to note:
- Bedroom Servicing during your stay may be limited in order to ensure everyone’s safety. Replacement items will be left outside your door during your stay. You can, of course, have your room serviced if you wish.
- We have removed magazines from the rooms.
- Extra pillows and blankets, usually in place in the wardrobe, will now be stored elsewhere and available upon request.
- All details will be taken from guests prior to check-in so there is no need to register upon arrival. Alternatively, a check-in card will be left in your room. We may need to request information to comply with our contact tracing requirements.
- The credit card machine will be sanitized between transactions.
- Reservation procedure will be in place for Breakfast. A copy of the Breakfast Menu will be left in your room for completion.
- Staff will be provided with PPE in high-risk areas.
We trust the above measures will give you the confidence to return to Sheedys and The Burren. We would like to thank all our Colleagues, Staff, Customers and Suppliers for their support. We look forward to opening our doors again on July 30th.